Melissa Marr: Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5)
 5 stars

Send the messengers for the Faery Courts. This is the end.

The Summer King is missing; the Dark Court is bleeding; and a stranger walks the streets of Huntsdale, his presence signifying the deaths of powerful fey.

Aislinn tends to the Summer Court, searching for her absent king and yearning for Seth. Torn between his new queen and his old love, Keenan works from afar to strengthen his court against the coming war. Donia longs for fiery passion even as she coolly readies the Winter Court for battle. And Seth, sworn brother of the Dark King and heir to the High Queen, is about to make a mistake that could cost his life.

Love, despair, and betrayal ignite the Faery Courts, and in the final conflict, some will win...and some will lose everything.


~~~~~~

I think that this was really lovely ending for this series. I started reading this ovet 5 years ago and I own the first two books that were translated to finnish. After those two, I had long break and then I read the other two books. Somehow I didn't read this last one then, but now I decided to finally read it. And it was so great that I read it in one day, only in few hours.

It's really difficult to describe my feelings after I finished this book. This series was so great that I would've love to read more, but still this was perfect ending. Every story got finihed and everybody got their (kinda) happy ending. Of course we also lost some characters, and every "happy ending" wasn't exactly traditional, but still I was really happy how everything turned out. Personally I would've liked more if Aislinn would've end up with different guy, but I can live with it.

There were so many thing in such a short book. I think that almost every character got the ending they deserved and everything were wrapped up pretty nicely. Even if there was so many things, everything was in balance and it didn't feel rushed. Sometimes that happens when author tries to put too much in a one book, but this was really nicely balanced. There were some characters whose story were left "open" and I would love to read more about them. I don't know if that's going to ever happen, but one can hope. I love this whole world so much, there's so much more we could uncover.

This whole series has been such treat to my imagination and the world is one of the most "beautiful" I've read. I don't know if beautiful is the right word, but you know what mean, right? Author's writing style lets us imagine a lot of things. I can almost see this world and fairies in it. There's that certain magical touch in it. When I was reading this series, there were so many times when I hoped that I could draw those characters and different kinds of fairies.

Thank you Melissa Marr for this lovely magical series. This series is one of my favorites and has been for many years.